Coppola Theater is primarily an instructional space, and the Cinema Department welcomes the opportunity to consider requests from campus departments and programs throughout the university for the use of this unique screening facility. We are unable to accommodate requests from individual students or campus student organizations to hold screenings and events in Coppola Theater. Reservations can only be made for the current semester.
Pricing for the Coppola Theater
Rental Fee is $100 plus $25 an hour. These fees cover any costs of support related to your event, including digital projection, sound (microphones), lighting (speaker spot light), table set-up, etc. Additional charges will apply for projection of 16mm and 35mm films.
- Review the calendar for Coppola to see if it is available.
- Complete the room request and policy agreement form (both pages) - see link below.
- Make sure to include enough time in your reservation period, for any set up that needs to happen before the start of the event, and for cleaning and clearing out the event when it is over. Time for set up and tear down will not be provided outside of the reservation period.
- If you plan on having alcohol at your event, fill out an Alcohol Clearance Request Form, which is located on the University Police Dept. website: http://www.sfsu.edu/~upd/html/forms.html
- Email the room request, signed policy agreement, and, if applicable, the Alcohol Clearance Request to Katherine Kwid at firstname.lastname@example.org, or deliver to the Cinema Department Office, FA 245. If your request is approved, you will receive a confirmation email along with copies of the reservation documents for your records. The event is not considered confirmed until this time.
- After your event, the Cinema Department will deliver an invoice to the designated billing contact, if appropriate.
Please note that reservation requests received less than two weeks in advance may not be processed and confirmed in time for the event.
Email Katherine Kwid with any questions.
|Cinema Room Request and Policy Agreement Form||247.51 KB|