- B.A., University of California, Berkeley
- M.F.A., University of California, Los Angeles
- Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles
Professor Sjogren is an award-winning independent filmmaker. She is currently in pre-production on a new feature film, CLAIRE'S BONES (working title), a dark love story being produced by Dire Wolf. The story chronicles the fate of two strangers who dream of each other, but have never met, whose lives become fatally entwined through the rippling after-shocks of a young woman's murder. In the past year, Sjogren was named a Guggenheim Fellow for her filmmaking for the development of a documentary film examining the cultural legacy of slavery (and the spaces associated with it) entitled A CHAIN OF WINDOWS. Her book, INTO THE VORTEX: FEMALE VOICE AND PARADOX IN FILM was also published in 2006 by the University of Illinois Press.
- "In This Short Life" (director, writer, actor), 2005
- "A Small Domain", short, (director, writer), 1996
- "Jo-Jo at the Gate of Lions" (director, writer), 1992
- "Into the Vortex: Female Voice and Paradox in Film", University of Illinois Press, 2006