The School of Cinema also offers two minors in addition to the B.A. and M.A. programs.
Requirement minimum is 20 units
Required Courses (9 units)
- CINE 200: Introduction to Cinema Studies (3 units)
- CINE 211: Film History I (3 units)
- CINE 212: Film History II (3 units)
- Electives (11 units)
All elective units must be upper-division.
Up to 3 elective units from other departments (non-CINE courses) may be applied to the minor with advisor-approval. These courses are normally found in the arts or humanities and relate to the study or creation of cinema. Consult with a Cinema advisor for more information.
Cinema majors are given priority in production courses (CINE 202, CINE 204, and all 400-level and 600-level courses). Cinema minors wishing to enroll in these courses should contact the instructor directly. Note that prerequisites apply.
Requirement is 15 units
- CINE 365: History of Animation (3 units)
- CINE 444: Animation I (3 units)
- CINE 445: Animation II (3 units)
- CINE 664: Animation III (3 units)
- CINE 665: Animation IV (3 units)