Bill Nichols Reading Room
A wide collection of rare film and critical theory books, journals and films donated to the Department by Professor Bill Nichols. Faculty can check material out or graduate students can use the room for study. Fine Arts Building, Room 344A
Cinema Studies Center
A meeting place for student group projects and other Cinema Department related meetings (including clubs). Students can also use the space to study, view reserve materials (DVDs, etc), and work on two open computers. Fine Arts Building, Room FA 344.
- Fine Arts Building, Room FA 344
- Mon - Thu: 9:00am-9:00pm
- Fri: 9:00am-6:00pm
- Closed Sat & Sun
The Cinema Studies Center (CSC) and the Cinema Department’s seminar room may be reserved on a limited basis by members of the Cinema Department for the current academic semester.
- Review the calendar for the space you wish to reserve to see if it is available.
- Complete the Room Request and Policy Agreement Form (PDF) (both pages).
- Email the room request and signed policy agreement to Connie Carranza (email@example.com) or deliver to the Cinema Department Office, FA 245. If your request is approved, you will receive a confirmation email along with copies of the reservation documents for your records. The event is not considered confirmed until this time.
- Please note that reservation requests received less than one week in advance are unlikely to be processed and confirmed in time for the event.
Email Connie Carranza at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
A 149 seat screening venue, the Coppola Theater is the School's main screening space. Fine Arts Building, Room 101.
The Coppola Theater is primarily an instructional space. On rare occasions, the School of Cinema will consider requests from campus departments and programs throughout the university for the use of the screening facility. Fees for hours of use, set-up, clean-up, theater manager and projectionist will apply. We are unable to accommodate requests from individual students or campus student organizations to hold screenings and events in Coppola Theater. Requests can only be made for the current semester.
The Cinema Media Library holds hundreds of film titles, from early films in 16mm to student thesis Hollywood, documentary, foreign and experimental films in Blue Ray, DVD, and Laser Disc formats. The library serves the teaching and research mission of the department.
- Thesis Film Collection
- Film Finals Collection
- Hollywood Film Collection
- Foreign Film Collection
- Documentary Film Collection
- Television Collection
- Animation Collection
- Experimental Collection
- Fine Arts Building, Room 349D
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 8:00am-5:00pm
- Direct Line (415) 405-2449