We encourage our students to take full advantage of this website and use it as a virtual advising center before meeting with faculty or submitting applications and petitions. Here are links to some of the most commonly used petitions:

Undergraduate Forms

Form Description
CINE690 Agreement (pdf) CINE 690: Independent Production Practice Agreement Form
Internship Contract (pdf) Internship application/contract
Internship Evaluation (pdf) To be filled out by the company of the internship
Waiver of Regulations (pdf) Adding courses after the deadline; extending incompletes, and more

Graduate Forms

Form Description
M.A./M.F.A. degree Form for obtaining your master's degree
M.A. Thesis Proposal (pdf) Thesis proposal guidelines
Retroactive Withdrawal Form for courses taken previous semesters when serious circumstances occurred
TA Application (pdf) Application for GA, GTA, and Academic Support Staff Positions
Waiver of Regulation (pdf) Form for adding courses after the deadline; extending incompletes, and more

University Forms

Form Description
Academic Standing (pdf) Guidelines to follow while on probation if GPA is below 2.0
Change of Major The same form used to declare a major
Online Change of Major/Minor (pdf)

Directions for changing a major/minor online

Approval/Deny for Change of Major/Minor (Docx) Directions on how to approve/deny a major/minor (advisor’s perspective)
Student's Request for Change of Major (Docx) Directions on how to request a change of major (student’s perspective)
Course Withdrawals Form for courses being taken in the current semester
Exceed Max Units - Undergraduate (pdf)

Form for requesting 20 units or more in one semester

Grade Change (pdf) Petition for a grade change (incomplete grades must be completed within one calendar year)
Retroactive Withdrawal (pdf) For courses taken previous semesters when serious circumstances occurred

Please complete and print the relevant form, have your instructor or advisor sign as appropriate, and submit the form to the Cinema office in Fine Arts 245 for review. Attach your current DARS report to Change of Major forms. Attach your current unofficial transcript to Academic Standing petitions and Withdrawal petitions. Check with the office about these requirements if you are uncertain.

For additional forms, please visit the Registrar’s page of links to online forms.


The documents on this website have been identified as having barriers to accessibility. If you experience problems using this site/ the documents, contact