Skip to main content
Student Eligibility Requirements
- All students must possess a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Only Junior, Senior, or Graduate Students are eligible.
- Prior approval from the Internship Coordinator is mandatory for all internships.
- The primary considerations for internship approval are student learning and safety.
- Internships should be associated with reputable companies engaged in the various facets of film and media such as pre-production, production, post-production, distribution, marketing, or study.
- The designated internship supervisor must be an experienced professional who is both willing and competent to mentor the student in practical learning.
- While internships can be paid, such opportunities are rare. Nevertheless, students can obtain both academic credit and a stipend from their internship.
- Students are allowed to retake the Internship class, subject to the approval of the Internship Coordinator.
- A maximum of nine individual study units (e.g., independent study, practicum, internships, etc.) can be applied towards the student's degree.
- Upon approval, both the intern and the internship supervisor are required to sign a formal agreement.
- Once enrolled in the Cinema internship course, students are mandated to submit Bi-Weekly Internship Reports to the Internship Coordinator.
Course Grading Criteria
- Completion of a total of 135 hours.
- Submission of 6 approved and graded Bi-Weekly Reports.
- A positive evaluation from the internship supervisor.